Leah Bindfer, Huffington Post - Healthcare in the United States is not safe. One in four patients admitted to a hospital will suffer some form of unintended harm, one in six will get an infection and about 500 a day will die of a preventable error. Healthcare is considered the most dangerous occupation - more dangerous than coal mining or building skyscrapers. One sector worthy of particular attention is nuclear power, an industry where — thank heavens — safety is king. In the wake of the 1986 Chernobyl accident, the leaders of every commercial nuclear reactor across the globe created the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO), with the goal of achieving industry-wide excellence.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming