Amory Lovins, long time anti-nuclear power advocate: As the Italian proverb says, arithmetic is not an opinion. So let’s do the math. Renewables and efficiency cost less than operating many nuclear plants. That's right, arithmetic is not an opinion, but garbage numbers and unsound assumptions into the arithmetic leads to worthless numbers out. Same for computer models for climate science. "Efficiency," code for using less energy, obviously costs less than producing energy. The public listens to what they want to hear. So his article, celebrating the agreement with Friends of the Earth and the Natural Resources Defense Council to close the last operating nuclear power plant in California will be music to anti-nuclear power advocates and a sad tragedy for most of humanity and the environment. Lovins talks about "carbon" not carbon dioxide. Carbon is diamonds. Carbon dioxide is a colorless, oderless gas that is essential for all life! So he wants to do the math!!
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming