Sidney Bernsen - Nuclear Engineer, Former Chief Nuclear Engineer for Bechtel Power Corporation Nuclear Power Plants are currently too costly in the US to justify their construction as replacement for those that are being shut down, let alone to increase their contribution to clean energy. In fact we are likely to see a very significant reduction in their contribution electric energy production unless we can reduce their construction and operating costs. Many of these high costs are regulatory driven. It does appear that this effort will require the establishment of an Industry/NRC team of personnel dedicated to help make possible a realistic future for Nuclear power. The industry team should include NSSS suppliers, interested utilities and interested engineering and construction companies.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming