Howard Cork Hayden, Emeritus Physics Professor, University of Connecticut: A generation ago, nobody considered Supercharging stations for battery-powered cars, the idea of which had been abandoned well over a century ago. The problems in 1900 were two: the batteries and the charging system. The problems in 2017 are two: the batteries and the charging system. Before the government provides more financial support to Tesla, it should examine the problems identified here with solar powered charging stations and grid powered charging stations at home. Introducing / forcing a new technology on consumers is far more than building an electric car and developing new batteries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2021 2 (John Shanahan) USofA
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2021 1 (John Shanahan) USofA
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power