Scott Montgomery, Lecturer, University of Washington: Yet if the roughly $3.5 trillion invested in renewable power since 2000 had all backed fission, I believe the advances in that technology would have led all remaining coal- and oil-fired power plants to have disappeared from the face of the Earth by now. And if that same money had instead backed fusion, perhaps a working reactor would now exist.
Latest from John Shanahan
- There Isn't a Silver Bullet for Climate Change (Robinson Meyer) USofA
- American Nuclear Society position on man-made global warming USofA
- Don't use man-made global warming argument to support nuclear power (world)
- Do use man-made global warming argument to support nuclear (world)
- China confident of new era for nuclear power (World Nuclear News)