Kimberly Pierceall, writer for The Virginian-Pilot: The utility, Dominion Energy, told federal regulators in 2015 that it intended to keep the plant open through at least 2053, and on Tuesday, it officially applied for another 20-year extension with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The utility has said it also plans to seek a 20-year extension for a second nuclear plant, the North Anna Power Station in Louisa County, east of Charlottesville. The plant employs about 915 people who earn an average salary of $90,200.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming