Keith Matheny, writer for the Detroit Free Press: Again, the Detroit Free Press is out to spread inaccurate fearmongering about nuclear power and used fuel. The city of Detroit is an economic and urban disgrace to the United States. Few businesses want to locate there. Many of the children living there receive marginal education. After World War II cities in Asia and Europe rebuilt to very high standards and got strong economies going. The United States has let Detroit fester with many abandoned industrial, commercial and residential buildings for more than half a century. Nuclear waste is among some of the easiest waste to secure, manage and store, in part because of its compact nature. Nuclear waste management would bring revenue, jobs and education opportunities to areas that are now a wasteland. The economic benefits would last centuries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming