Leon Louw, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Free Market Foundation: If we want prosperity, we must have huge coal and nuclear power investments. Why does the government take irrational proposals seriously? It may be the victim of a new kind of “Guptas out, IPPs in” state capture. IPPs spend fortunes on propaganda. We do not face a binary choice between renewables and coal/nuclear. The Daft IRP is a 180 degree reversal of the preceding IRP. The lesson to be learned is that the future is unknowable, that what’s needed is humility, to which end the government should replace the biased proposal with a balanced role for all options.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (CFACT, Paul Driessen) USofA - Prioritizing Climate and Pandemic
- (Our World In Data) UK - Number of people living in and not living in extreme poverty
- (The Conversation, Woods Hole, Ken Buesseler) USofA - Tiny plankton drive processes in the ocean
- (Nuclear Africa, Kelvin Kemm) South Africa - Setting the record straight about nuclear power
- (Ed Berry) USofA - Climate Update