Germain Moyon, Tatiana Kalinovskaya Rosatom: The new No. 6 reactor at Russia’s Novovoronezh atomic power station is not just about generating power, but relaunching Russia’s ambitions to become a major player in the nuclear industry. The 1,200 megawatt reactor with a service life of 60 years includes innovative security features that operate equally well on commands from the staff or without human action, including cooling systems that work without electricity. The power station’s director Vladimir Povarov insists that the VVER-1200 can withstand a 9 magnitude earthquake or a plane crash.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming