Richard McPherson, electrical power and grid security expert He is pursuing executable humanitarian solutions under the nexus of agriculture, water and energy: Reportedly Americans are fully employed; yet the interest-bearing national debt is $22.5 trillion and increasing. In 2018, total United States (US) trade with other countries was $5.6 trillion. US exported $2.5 trillion and imported $3.1 trillion. A difference of just $0.5 trillion. Not much of a difference to reduce the increasing interest-bearing national debt. Supposedly there are no more Americans available to join the workforce. Or are there? In 2018, according to the Labor Department 95 million Americans were “not in the labor force”. At the same time, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported low labor force participation was causing a lower gross domestic product (GDP) and lower tax revenues. The lower labor force also causes increased demands on taxpayer dollars from federal support programs. What now?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Pentagon predicted catastrophic climate disruption by 2020. Amazing miscalculation. (WND) USofA
- Polar bear as icon of man-made global warming. They are thriving. (Jay Lehr, CFACT) USofA
- Co-Founder of Greenpeace Envisions a Nuclear Future (Patrick Moore) Canada
- The Climate Discussion Nexus (John Robson) Canada
- Wind turbines in the UK are killing birds (John Shanahan, Jason Endfield) USofA