John Reilly, Co-Director of the MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change: If solar panels and wind turbines keep getting cheaper, why bother building anything else? Because as we add more solar panels and wind farms, their productivity declines. And while the cost of individual solar panels is low, when there are enough of them, they impose real costs on the rest of the system. This article contains good information about wind, solar and nuclear energy. However, it is based on the premise that use of fossil fuels cause Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming, which will soon be settled that they do not. The literature is full of articles that have good ideas about energy and bad science about the carbon dioxide cycle. Unfortunate. Worth reading for description of wind and solar energy.
Latest from John Shanahan
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2020 7 (John Shanahan) USofA
- (Mohan Doss) USofA Introduction to XLNT Foundation and S.A.R.I.
- (Gregory Wrightstone) USofA Comments on South Pole warming 3x faster
- (Brendan McNamara) UK - Deep Geological Disposal Facility for "Spent" Nuclear Fuel
- (John Eidson) USofA - Elvis' song about the ghetto