Thomas Cochran has been working with the Natural Resources Defense Council since the 1970s to stop the use of nuclear power, particularly the kind that uses most of the potential energy and produces the lease amount of radioactive waste. This article shows his position in 2006. It would put the world back in the state it was in before there was plentiful nuclear energy. So many saviors would have the world using the least energy dense sources for electric power, transportation, industrial processes, heating and air conditioning. Too many nuclear energy professionals and most nuclear energy organizations are not sufficiently involved in the effort to have the public understand the tremendous benefits and the actual very low risks of nuclear energy. Fear mongering and simple statements sells well with the public.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming