John Shanahan, civil engineer: Nuclear power in the United States has been fighting against well funded and well organized anti-nuclear power organizations and their political leaders. Incredibly, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is holding back development of advanced nuclear power technologies by making licensing unnecessarily slow and expensive. In the 1960s a nuclear plant could be licensed in less than five years. Now the NRC says licensing new technologies could take more than a quarter of a century. North American companies are taking their new technologies to Asia to develop and license. Russia and China are moving ahead as fast as possible to develop new nuclear technologies. How can American citizens let this happen?
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming