Alexei Likhachev, CEO Rosatom: "We are convinced that the future of nuclear energy cannot be separated from fast neutron reactors and closed nuclear fuel cycle. Today Russia is a leader in this field. We are building a multi-purpose fast breeder reactor in Dimitrovgrad. In Seversk, we are running the Breakthrough Project, an ambitious pilot center comprising fast neutron reactors and facilities for MOX fuel fabrication and spent fuel reprocessing." Former leading countries in fast reactor technology have stopped developing it because their political leaders yielded to their own misunderstandings, to voters and to anti-nuclear organizations. What will be the fate of these democracies - France, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom, United States and the fate of nuclear power in many other countries?
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming