Kelvin Kemm is a nuclear physicist and Chairman of the South African Nuclear Energy Corporation and Nuclear Africa (Pty) Ltd: South Africa possesses the world’s richest thorium mine, Steenkampskraal in the Western Cape. The mine was discovered in the late 1940s and produces valuable Rare Earth materials, plus thorium. Research into using thorium in nuclear reactors was carried out in the United States in the late 1950s and also in Germany and the United Kingdom in the early to mid-1960s. Most of the thorium used in all of these reactors came from the Steenkampskraal mine.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming