Rob Jeffrey, Independent Economic Risk Consultant: The three major objectives of the country are poverty alleviation, reducing inequality and raising standards of living. These objectives can only be achieved by maintaining a high rate of economic growth, thereby reducing levels of unemployment and raising the standard of living. Electricity is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for economic growth. The necessary condition for sustainable economic growth is that there is a stable and secure supply of electricity at the lowest effective economic cost when delivered to the user. The sufficient condition requires that economic, social and political conditions must be put in place to foster and encourage domestic and foreign investment, thereby creating demand for productive and economically efficient industries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- The new vulnerability for humanity (John Shanahan) USofA
- Different views on fossil fuels, man-made global warming and nuclear energy (John Shanahan) USofA
- Unstoppable Solar Cycles, Rethinking Global Warming (David Legates, Willie Soon) USofA
- Le nucléaire cœur de la transition énergétique (Michel Gay) France French Français
- La France championne du monde (Michel Gay, Bruno Comby) France French Français