Rob Jeffrey, Independent Economic Risk Consultant: The three major objectives of the country are poverty alleviation, reducing inequality and raising standards of living. These objectives can only be achieved by maintaining a high rate of economic growth, thereby reducing levels of unemployment and raising the standard of living. Electricity is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for economic growth. The necessary condition for sustainable economic growth is that there is a stable and secure supply of electricity at the lowest effective economic cost when delivered to the user. The sufficient condition requires that economic, social and political conditions must be put in place to foster and encourage domestic and foreign investment, thereby creating demand for productive and economically efficient industries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2020 7 (John Shanahan) USofA
- (Mohan Doss) USofA Introduction to XLNT Foundation and S.A.R.I.
- (Gregory Wrightstone) USofA Comments on South Pole warming 3x faster
- (Brendan McNamara) UK - Deep Geological Disposal Facility for "Spent" Nuclear Fuel
- (John Eidson) USofA - Elvis' song about the ghetto