Rob Jeffrey, Independent Economic Risk Consultant: The three major objectives of the country are poverty alleviation, reducing inequality and raising standards of living. These objectives can only be achieved by maintaining a high rate of economic growth, thereby reducing levels of unemployment and raising the standard of living. Electricity is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for economic growth. The necessary condition for sustainable economic growth is that there is a stable and secure supply of electricity at the lowest effective economic cost when delivered to the user. The sufficient condition requires that economic, social and political conditions must be put in place to foster and encourage domestic and foreign investment, thereby creating demand for productive and economically efficient industries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Ten simple changes to save the planet (Diego Ortiz, BBC) UK
- Climate Emergency Tipping Points - Real or Not (C3 Headlines) USofA
- Make sea level rise when it doesn't (Calvin Beisner, Cornwall Alliance) USofA
- Don't let fear mongers rob you! (Cornwall Alliance, Calvin Beisner) USofA
- Ten billion dollars to save the planet from man-made global warming (Jeff Bezos) USofA