Nuclear Africa, Kelvin Kemm: What is nuclear medicine? Nuclear medicine involves the application of radioactive substances to people, in both the diagnosis and the treatment of disease. In nuclear medicine procedures, radioisotopes are combined with other chemicals or pharmaceutical compounds to form radiopharmaceuticals. They migrate through the body and localise in specific organs or cellular receptors. This property provides nuclear medicine with the ability to image the extent of a disease process in the body, based on the cellular function and physiology, rather than relying only on physical changes in the tissue anatomy.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming