John Holdren, Science Advior to President Barack Obama: For Holdren, the two toughest problems are 1) transportation with less oil. 2) economic aspirations with less CO2.
The role of nuclear energy: Holdren is a life-long Ivory Tower academic completely against breeder uranium technology. He doesn't consider thorium nuclear technology. These two technologies can power all the world's energy needs for as long as the sun heats the Earth and makes it habitable, Physics Professor Bernard Cohen. John Holdren sticks with today's nuclear technology that uses about 1% of the potential energy. He prohibits spent fuel reprocessing, thus keeping a requirement for very long term storage of LWR use fuel. See slides 45 to 58. He claims that his support for existing LWR nuclear technology IS support for nuclear. In reality he is blocking 99% of the potential energy in uranium and all of the nuclear energy in thorium. That is more like anti-nuclear than being pro-nuclear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (Eric Lubin) France - Far more support for wind farms than for medicine and hospitals
- (John Shanahan) USofA - Recognizing opportunity and following up
- (Epoch Times, Michael Walsh) USofA - When Wuhan Virus Departs World Will Be Changed
- (RE-VOLV) USofA - Collapse of fossil fuels - Move to renewables
- (Jeffrey Mahn) USofA - Radiation Hormesis