John Holdren, Science Advior to President Barack Obama: For Holdren, the two toughest problems are 1) transportation with less oil. 2) economic aspirations with less CO2.
The role of nuclear energy: Holdren is a life-long Ivory Tower academic completely against breeder uranium technology. He doesn't consider thorium nuclear technology. These two technologies can power all the world's energy needs for as long as the sun heats the Earth and makes it habitable, Physics Professor Bernard Cohen. John Holdren sticks with today's nuclear technology that uses about 1% of the potential energy. He prohibits spent fuel reprocessing, thus keeping a requirement for very long term storage of LWR use fuel. See slides 45 to 58. He claims that his support for existing LWR nuclear technology IS support for nuclear. In reality he is blocking 99% of the potential energy in uranium and all of the nuclear energy in thorium. That is more like anti-nuclear than being pro-nuclear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Land Carbon -No Substitute for Action on Fossil Fuels (Climate Council) Australia
- Temperatures in the French Alps for 1,800 years - colder now than before - France
- Earth Day Predictions 1970 USofA
- Hydrogen Hype (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia
- Ten simple changes to save the planet (Diego Ortiz, BBC) UK