John Holdren, Science Advior to President Barack Obama: For Holdren, the two toughest problems are 1) transportation with less oil. 2) economic aspirations with less CO2.
The role of nuclear energy: Holdren is a life-long Ivory Tower academic completely against breeder uranium technology. He doesn't consider thorium nuclear technology. These two technologies can power all the world's energy needs for as long as the sun heats the Earth and makes it habitable, Physics Professor Bernard Cohen. John Holdren sticks with today's nuclear technology that uses about 1% of the potential energy. He prohibits spent fuel reprocessing, thus keeping a requirement for very long term storage of LWR use fuel. See slides 45 to 58. He claims that his support for existing LWR nuclear technology IS support for nuclear. In reality he is blocking 99% of the potential energy in uranium and all of the nuclear energy in thorium. That is more like anti-nuclear than being pro-nuclear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming