Gary Young, retired engineering manager: It is lamented that far too few of the electorate have any real understanding of the hard sciences. This lack of understanding has given rise to embracing poor (junk) science at even some of the highest levels of academic and political thought. The current concept of most concern is all the political rhetoric about renewables such as solar and wind providing our energy. There is only one well understood technology at the present time that could produce vast amounts of power in addition to fossil fuels and that is nuclear. We are held back from the nuclear solution by unfounded fear. The root of the fear is the very wrong doctrine of “liner no threshold” concerning the biological effects of radiation. In truth, there are thresholds and almost nothing in science is linear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (CFACT, Paul Driessen) USofA - Let's quarantine fake corona and energy news
- (Heartland Institute, CFACT, Paul Driessen) USofA - Renewable energy mining harmful for humans and environment
- (Eric Lubin) France - Far more support for wind farms than for medicine and hospitals
- (John Shanahan) USofA - Recognizing opportunity and following up
- (Epoch Times, Michael Walsh) USofA - When Wuhan Virus Departs World Will Be Changed