Bruno Comby, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear: 120 billion euros have been wasted in France in recent years, just before the country is entering a major financial crisis caused by the COVID 19 virus and a violent economic recession. This is the total cost of the existing program for wind and solar in France. The money would have been better spent using half of that amount (60 billion €) on building 15 to 20 brand new modern hospitals and upgrading the excellent but with a constantly decreasing budget health care system. Instead the French government prefers to halt operations at the highly profitable, recently modernized (post-Fukushima) NPP of Fessenheim, and announces another 12 similar NPP closures, based on absolutely no technical or safety issue.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (James Mattis) USofA - Comments on President Donald Trump
- (Abel Gonzalez) Argentina - Demystifying radiation - the nemesis of nuclear energy
- (Alan Waltar) USofA - The LNT Controversy: Is Low Level Radiation Really Harmful?
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2020 5 (John Shanahan) USofA
- (The Hill, Nick DeIuliis) USofA - Pandemic exposed Curch of Climate as a fraud