Jeffrey Mahn, nuclear engineer: This presentation addresses Nuclear Reactor Safety. All energy forms have upsides and downsides - nuclear energy is no exception. Upside, enormous amount of energy produced by U-235 fission - ~1.5 million times more energy per gram of fuel than hydrocarbon fuels. Downside, energy from decay of radioactive fission products continues to produce heat, which must be removed.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming