Llewellyn King - The great event of the nuclear calendar for 2011 was the earthquake and tsunami that hammered three reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan
If you are a nuclear power believer, these sturdy old machines proved their mettle. They withstood all that nature could throw at them, although terrible damage resulted from the loss of external power and the swamping of the emergency diesel generators.
The extraordinary thing about Fukushima is that although more than 15,000 Japanese died as the result of the earthquake and tsunami, no one died directly from the nuclear accident or from the release of radioactivity.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming