Viv Forbes, Executive Director of The Saltbush Club, Australia: If a project can be stopped because it adds to carbon dioxide emissions every development of coal, oil or gas in Australia can be challenged. But the ominous implications go much further. The sports and tourism industries should be fearful. These industries encourage millions of competitors, visitors, tourists, officials and politicians to use cars, trains, buses, planes and ships to burn hydro-carbon fuels purely for entertainment. Car racing is out, as are new cruise terminals, stadiums, resorts, high rise hotels and fireworks. Moreover, any new road, rail or airport development will add emissions and must be stopped. But if they can stop the mining of coking coal this will also stop metal smelting, refining and steel making.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (Saltbush Club, Viv Forbes) Australia - No Fuel - No Fire
- (Saltbrush Club, Viv Forbes) Australia - Adrift in the Covid Sea
- (visualcapitalist.com) USofA - World's Nuclear Reactor Landscape
- (Joseph John, Daniel Waghelstein, Cleon Skousen) USofA - 45 Communist goals to destroy the USA
- (John Shanahan) USofA - Importance of America's 2020 election