Judith Curry was professor at the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology until colleagues siding with catastrophic man-made global warming forced her to resign: The extreme rhetoric of the Extinction Rebellion and other activists is making political agreement on climate change policies more difficult. Exaggerating the dangers beyond credibility makes it difficult to take real climate change seriously. The monomaniacal focus on elimination of fossil fuel emissions distracts our attention from the primary causes of many of our problems and effective solutions. Common sense strategies to reduce vulnerability to extreme weather events, improve environmental quality, develop better energy technologies, improve agricultural and land use practices, and better manage water resources can pave the way for a more prosperous and secure future.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming