Robinson Meyer staff writer for The Atlantic: The Atlantic Magazine publishes articles about man-made global warming. One of their staff writers, Robinson Meyer, is concerned about man-made global warming. But he correctly understands that nuclear power is not a Silver Bullet solution. There are several obvious, but ignored reasons: 1) Electric generation is only a fraction of uses for fossil fuels. The other uses will continue for a long time. 2) Nuclear power can't be allowed to be operated in countries with bad governments, terrible economies, poor education systems and no local industry to support it. 3) At the very best, it would take the world more than a century to switch entirely to nuclear power, probably several centuries. The supposed man-made global warming crisis is said to have to be solved in fifty years or so.
Latest from John Shanahan
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2021 2 (John Shanahan) USofA
- All About Energy Newsletter, Issue 2021 1 (John Shanahan) USofA
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power