Thorpe Watson, Ph.D. in Physical Metallurgy & Science of Materials. Thirty five year career covering wide range of science disciplines with 10 plus years investigating the climate controversy: Prophets of doom are not about to give up their anti-CO2 campaign. Even though they admit that atmospheric CO2 is still increasing during the COVID-19 global economic shutdown, they refuse to recognize the role played by our CO2 emissions. These emissions not only green the planet, they also increase the partial pressure of atmospheric CO2. This increase causes a redistribution of CO2 to restore, within a few weeks, the original distribution of CO2 between the two phases (atmosphere and oceans). The current distribution is about 50/1. There is 50 times more CO2 in the oceans than in the atmosphere. Even after the consumption of all known reserves of coal, oil, and natural gas the atmosphere will be starved for more CO2. Clearly, there is no need to destroy our economy by abandoning the use of hydrocarbon fuels. However, we must not abandon energy conservation and efficiency measures, nor abandon the pursuit of alternative sources of energy.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming