The Times of India, Vishwa Mohan: India's foodgrain production for the 2016-17 crop year is estimated at record 275.68 million tonnes. The government on Wednesday revised its previous figures upward by 2.3 million tonnes and came at the new figure which is over 4 per cent higher than the previous record production achieved in the country during 2013-14. The production in 2016-17 is significantly higher by 24.12 million tonnes (9.59 per cent) than the output of 2015-16 which was a drought year.
Latest from John Shanahan
- The new vulnerability for humanity (John Shanahan) USofA
- Different views on fossil fuels, man-made global warming and nuclear energy (John Shanahan) USofA
- Unstoppable Solar Cycles, Rethinking Global Warming (David Legates, Willie Soon) USofA
- Le nucléaire cœur de la transition énergétique (Michel Gay) France French Français
- La France championne du monde (Michel Gay, Bruno Comby) France French Français