Leo Rostermundt's grandparents immigrated to the United States from Schleswig-Holstein, Germany in the 1890s. They were farmers who settled in Iowa. This account of Leo Rostermundt's grandparents, parents and relatives traces the important developments in agriculture over the last century. Agriculture and energy are two things that keep a country running well. In the case of agriculture, the USA is feeding a significant portion of the world. We could be helping the world with nuclear energy, if that advanced technology had not been stopped by anti-nuclear activists and the two presidents, Carter and Clinton, who played to the anti-nuclear activists for votes. Russia is marketing nuclear power plants to Turkey, Vietnam, South Africa and other countries. Russia is helping many poor countries and gaining stature, while the USA stands idle by in this sector.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming