Jerry Cuttler, D.Sc. in nuclear sciences and engineering, recipient of 2011 International Dose-Response Society Award for Outstanding Career Achievement:
His main focus was on the enhanced fear of radiation effects subsequent to the tsunami-induced damage to the Fukushima nuclear reactor in Japan in March of 2011.
Some of his main points bear repeating:
• Fukushima radiation same as natural background radiation
• Evacuation resulted in 1600 premature deaths
• Precautionary action was not conservative
• Chronic radiation is beneficial < 700 mGy/year. Radiation becomes harmful > 700 mGy/year (According to the National Council on Radiation Protection, the average person receives about 3.6 mGy/year from background sources and a dental X-ray is about .005 mGy).
• The official policy, linear non-threshold, is invalid, based not on science, but on antinuclear ideology
• End regulations based on politicized science