Alan Waltar, Chair, ANS - HPS Conference September 30 - October 3, 2018, Pasco, Washington, USA: The main question for this conference is how the radiation protection standards should be updated to more closely reflect reality rather than the arbitrary Linear No Threshold model used for the last sixty years. The path forward and the total impact of the meeting will be dependent on how well the information from this meeting is accepted, disseminated and incorporated into decisions related to the control of radiation exposures. We, the organizing committee, have made a commitment to continue to work with the collected data and the concept of true optimization to insure that indeed this meeting has a long lasting impact on our understanding of the underlying science of radiation exposure, along with the regulations associated with protecting the public with adequate and appropriate radiation standards.
Latest from John Shanahan
- (John Shanahan) USofA - A good nuclear power program for the world
- (Thorpe Watson) Canada - More about the science of climate change from fossil fuels
- (Simon Aegerter, Jon Boone, Bruno Comby, Michel Gay, Roger Higgs, Eric Jelinski, John Shanahan, Willie Soon) Canada, France, Switzerland, UK, USA - Man-made global warming, fossil fuels, nuclear power
- (Roger Higgs) UK - Mann 'hockey stick' ironically proves the Sun (not CO2) drives climate
- (Walter Aeberli) Switzerland - Against The Thesis Of (Man-Made) Global Warming