Paul Driessen, senior policy analyst for the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow: On and on it goes – with more scare stories daily, more attempts to blame humans and fossil fuels for nearly every interesting or as-yet-unexplained natural phenomenon, weather event or climate fluctuation. And yet countering the manmade climate apocalypse narrative is increasingly difficult – in large part because the $2-trillion-per-year climate “science” and “renewable” energy industry works vigorously to suppress such evidence and discussion … and is aided and abetted by its media and political allies.
Kelvin Kemm is a nuclear physicist and Chairman of the South African Nuclear Energy Corporation and Nuclear Africa (Pty) Ltd: This article explains how nuclear can use coal to create petrol for many transportation applications. Somewhat more than a third of South Africa’s petrol is derived from coal via the SASOL operation. When South Africa was developing its own SMR the PBMR, SASOL was interested in building a PBMR near one of the catalytic cracking plants to supply process heat. At present the largest SASOL plant is in a town called Secunda. It burns coal to provide the process heat to crack the rest of the coal. About 60% of the coal brought into Secunda is burnt to provide the heat to crack the other 40%. So the idea was to build the SMR of about 100MW and then to use its heat directly to chemically process 100% of the coal to liquid fuels, including diesel, aviation fuel and so on. This was projected to be able to reduce the cost of petrol significantly.
Viv Forbes, Executive Director of The Saltbush Club, Australia: It is urgent that all Australian politicians understand the dangers in the Paris Climate Agreement. Here are TEN REASONS to EXIT PARIS NOW. 1) Science not settled. 2) There is no unusual waming. 3) CO2 is not a pollutant. 4Most populous nations will ignore the Paris climate change agreement. 5) Despite 20 years of subsidies, wind and solar still small part of energy production. 6) Australian policies making electricity more expensive. 7) Australia has few options for cheap, reliable power. 8) Australians will be seriously punished by Paris agreement. 9) The agreement will destroy industries & jobs. 10) If the world cools, Australia will quickly need reliable coal power.
Paul Driessen, senior policy analyst for the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow: Climate Crisis Inc. gets billions to promote imaginary manmade cataclysm – but attacks realists. The climate crisis industry incessantly claims that fossil fuel emissions are causing unprecedented temperature, climate and weather changes that pose existential threats to human civilization and our planet. The only solution, Climate Crisis, Inc. insists, is to eliminate the oil, coal and natural gas that provide 80% of the energy that makes US and global economies, health and living standards possible.